94 Caprice blower moter question

Old 08-12-07, 08:45 AM
94 Caprice blower moter question

Ok my 80 year old father inlaw says his blower moter is not working and he needs air in this texas heat. I go out check all fuses they are good, Pull the resistor for the blower moter and sure enough one of the coils is open.
Now the fun starts I tell him I will be right back as I run off to the parts house to get a new one well 5 parts houses later I still dont have one even the dealer needs to order this part.
One guy says the resistor is hooked to a computer is this right? part costs 49 bucks from the dealer. I replaced the resistor in a 79 Nova and never had this problem it was easy to get and cheap.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-07, 08:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I show NAPA having it for $25

http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=ECH&PartNumber=BR78&Description=Blower+Motor+Resistor

Old 08-12-07, 08:58 AM
nope

Been to Napa got to order it. I guess I will have to order it on Monday. It just seems odd that a part like that for a domesic car were there are millions on the road is not stocked. Not like I want a part for a bentley or something.

Old 08-12-07, 09:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I agree. It's very frustrating when you want to get it fixed that day. I had the same type of problem when I needed to replace my shock bellows. I couldn't drive my car for 3-4 days while I waited for it to come in.

Having AC is a must in these parts of the country, I'm up here in Oklahoma City, so I know it's very hot out lately.

Old 08-12-07, 10:08 AM
2 wires going into the motor itself...........One will be hot , the other ground.......If you rig a ground to the ground wire temporarily, you will have high speed untillyour part comes in.........May have to work in an on/off switch..........Hello Radio Shack