installing in dash CD player

Old 08-20-07, 04:18 PM
installing in dash CD player

How hard is it to install a cd player to replace a am/fm cassette player in a 96 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. whats involved assuming all the wires are original sense the car was built and the radio thats in it is original.radio works just want to upgrade

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-07, 06:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's not too difficult.

You will have to remove the front plastic bezel that surrounds the stereo. Look for any screws around it and then pull it off.

Remove the screws holding the stereo in and pull it out until you can get your hand behind there too disconnect the wire harness and antenna cable.

You will have to get a stereo mounting kit specific for your car. Most Circuit City, Best Buy, etc type places will sell it for your car.

Then you will need a wire harness adaptor that is made for your car.

Then just plug that into your factory wiring harness and install radio.

If you get the equipment through crutchfield.com, they will send you a How-to for your vehicle for free.

Old 08-20-07, 07:50 PM
ok so theres still more to by. So far I got the stereo and a car stereo connector for GM cars 88 and up and has my car listed.even has a antenna adapter included. is this all I need or do I still need the mounting adapter. the stereo has a ISO DIN mounting.Ok I found a monting kit would this work http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=99-3900

Old 08-20-07, 10:14 PM
umm looking on the web I found out I have to remove the WHOLE dashboard cover

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalOldsCutlassCiera.htm

Old 08-21-07, 04:04 PM
ok went to a auto parts store and got the car stereo installation kit comes with a braket the wires antenna adapter everything needed. fits most popular 2-shaft and DIN style radios. this is the correct part right. said for GM cars and had my car listed. the aftermarket stereo is made my boss anand the numbers are 506ca 40watt 4 channel with iso dun mounting. this is correct and will work correct.