96 elantra fuel pump relay

Old 08-21-07, 06:10 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
96 elantra fuel pump relay

fuel pump wasn't working, i changed it still not working, someone said to change the relay, have no idea where it's at or what it looks like. help someone???

Old 08-21-07, 07:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Have you checked the fuse?

The relay should be in the passenger compartment relay panel, usually down near the kick panel.

Old 08-21-07, 07:39 PM
H
what fuse??

Originally Posted by HotinOKC
Have you checked the fuse?

The relay should be in the passenger compartment relay panel, usually down near the kick panel.
i checked fuse box and box under the hood, no fuse that says fuel pump or anything that sounds like that, am i missing something??

Old 08-23-07, 06:26 PM
H
newbie needs help

1996 elantra wouldn't start, timming belt is fine, fuel pump wasn't working, i changed the pump and the relay, it started, than ran about two miles and died again and now won't start, acting like it did before i changed all that. anyone with any ideas, at at a loss. thanks again to all of you for taking the time to help us car dumb ones out here.---hat!

Old 08-23-07, 06:53 PM
I merged your two threads.

Did your fuel pump relay/fuse fry again? If it did, you may have a bad fuel pump or faulty wiring.

Old 09-01-07, 09:33 AM
H
help needed

96 elantra, stopped running, wasn't getting fuel, changed the pump and relay, ran about two miles, stopped again, rechanged the oump and relay won't start, not getting any spark or fuel. i checked the timming belt it's fine. now at a loss.someone said to check the Crank Positioning sensor but i have no idea where it's at or how to check it, all the manuals i looked at look greek to me, someone please lend a hand if you can. thanks.---hat!

Old 09-01-07, 10:05 AM
hat,

Please do not create a new thread everytime you return, just add on to your existing one. I merged the posts, again.

How do you know you are not getting fuel?

Old 09-01-07, 03:40 PM
E
Unless I am wrong about this, shouldn't you still have gotten spark if your fuel pump was really bad? Was it soley your idea to change that? And didn't you say you changed that part twice, thinking that was the problem?

Regarding the CPS, I'm not sure if that prevents both spark and fuel. Wouldn't doubt it though. There is another component that can cause that symptom too is when something is amiss with the distributor pickup, on some cars. It can cause these cars to go into some auto shutdown mode.

You'd think there'd be a trouble shooting section in your manual for those 2 simultaneous conditions: No fuel AND no spark.

Old 09-01-07, 04:56 PM
A bad ignition or possible ECM issue maybe too. You might be better off having a mechanic take a look.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: