1997 gmc jimmy timming

Old 08-24-07, 08:11 PM
1997 gmc jimmy timming

97 GMC Jimmy 4x4 4.3 130,000
I just replaced the intake manifold gasket. At first it ran poorly like it was missing so I thought it was out of time. So I moved the distributor 1 tooth each way now it wont start at all. I've lined the timming mark up on the compression stroke and put the distributor with the rotor facing #1 plug.
Now it doesn't want to start at all. These aren't interference motors right?
Is there any suggestions about what to do next? Is there a way to set the distributor if your lost any ideas?

Thanks Dan

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-07, 08:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You have to set the motor/pullies up to DTC since you turned the motor over before messing with the distrib.

The pullies/motor has to be set at 0 degrees first, then you line up your distributor.

Old 08-28-07, 02:59 PM
I put the timming back where I started and it runs but rough. I'm thinking maybe this isn't a timing issue and maybe a vacuum leak. It's starts right up but it feels like it's missing. I'm having trouble locating any leaks though.
Any suggestion?

Thanks
Dan

Old 08-28-07, 03:03 PM
I put the timming back where I started and it runs but rough. I'm thinking maybe this isn't a timing issue and maybe a vacuum leak. It's starts right up but it feels like it's missing. I'm having trouble locating any leaks though.
Any suggestion? SES light is flashing but I don't have scanner and I don't know if I should drive 20 mins to get them read.

Thanks
Dan

Old 09-18-07, 07:03 PM
I fixed this last week. I had broke 1 of the electrical connectors on a fuel injector.

Search this Thread