carpet question

Old 09-16-07, 06:17 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
carpet question

Floor carpet is short in the driver feet area (in the direction of car width) and pulls out of the plastic piece that snaps on the door frame. I can't believe the car came out of factory like that. It must have shrunk (from wetting, rain water, whatever the moisture source may be) or was shifted somehow.

I thought molded carpets have a stiff plastic on the back and woulnd't shrink. Could it be a flat carpet shaped to the contour of the car? Can one lay a flat carpet and shape it to the contour of the floor? Thanks.

PS: I once pulled a molded moldy carpet from a car and washed with soap/bleech and put back in the car. There was no shrinkage. It fit perfectly.

If this carpet is shrunk, I need to buy a new one. If it is just laid incorrectly, I want to be able to reuse it.

Old 09-16-07, 06:59 PM
S
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I would say it's a manufacturers defect
The carpets are molded, and really don't shrink with water

Old 09-16-07, 07:21 PM
P
Thanks for answering my question. I will see if adding lots of padding underneath will alleviate the situation. If not, I will have to replace it.

Old 09-16-07, 07:38 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
First thing I do when I get a new car is get the vinyl or rubber floor mats. They are very easy to clean and you don't have to worry about stains and such.

Old 09-16-07, 07:57 PM
P
Thanks for the reply. I bought a used car and that's the condition of the carpet. I cannot live with the ugly sight of carpet untucked from door frame. Oh, well, I played cheap and am paying the price.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: