Chevy Malibu 2003 Sun Visor install?

Old 09-17-07, 07:04 AM
Chevy Malibu 2003 Sun Visor install?

How do you install a driver's side sun visor in a 2003 Chevy Malibu? The old one pulled right out but I can't get the new one to snap into place. I see that the triangular hole it goes into has two corners that are the same and one that is elongated - does it matter which way I try to put it in? Does it just snap into place or is there something else I have to do? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-07, 02:31 PM
I don't recall having to replace one. I do have these instructions below, from GM's web site.

Remove the sunshade from the sunshade anchor.
Rotate the sunshade parallel to the door and pull in a downward motion in order to disconnect the sunshade retention clip.
Remove the sunshade from the sunshade bezel.
Disconnect the electrical connector if required.
Remove the sunshade bezel from the headliner if required.

Install the sunshade bezel to the headliner if required.
Connect the electrical connector if required.
Align the sunshade parallel to the door.
Install the sunshade to the sunshade bezel. Push up on the sunshade and rotate the sunshade toward the front glass in order to connect the retention clip.
Reattach the sunshade to the sunshade anchor.

Old 09-18-07, 05:44 AM
Thanks, wich me luck

Old 09-19-07, 07:55 AM
The instructions from GM do not seem to match how my car's visor is. Where on GM's web site did you find these directions? Do anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks

Old 09-19-07, 05:31 PM
The above info is directly from Service Information, the online service manual that we use at our GM dealership.

Old 09-25-07, 06:17 AM
Thanks!

You were right. All the pictures I had seen on Ebay and the visor from the junk yard I had all were one piece and so I couldn't figure out what GM was saying in the instructions you had sent me - since all I had and saw was just this one piece visor - there was nothing else. But after re-reading your instructions a dozen times and playing with the visor, I finally saw how the visor I had was really the visor and bezel combined and in order for it to fit and to follow GM's instrucitons I had to separate the bezel from the visor and then install them seperately. Once the bezel was separated (which wasn't easy), everything installed really easily. Thanks again!

Old 11-05-14, 11:55 AM
Thank you.....you have no idea how much time you have saved me with this info. This is the only place I have found the info I needed for this repair.

Old 08-29-16, 03:24 PM
2003 Malibu sunvisor

How do you separate the bezel from the main piece to install the new piece?

Old 08-30-16, 12:09 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Not sure what you're asking. Have you removed the visor from the vehicle and are now trying to remove the bezel/mounting clip from the ceiling ? It just snaps out.

Name:  bezel.jpg
Views: 2288
Size:  3.6 KB

Old 08-30-16, 03:21 AM
2003 Malibu sunvisor

The visor came off unexpectedly. I ordered a new bezel as a piece had broken off. How do I disconnect the old bezel from the circle?

Old 08-30-16, 12:02 PM
Group Moderator
The bezel is the picture I posted. It should just snap into place.

Old 08-30-16, 03:20 PM
The old Bezel is still attached to an outside circle. How do you separate the 2 pieces?