Front end alignment - 1996 Acura Integra

Old 09-19-07, 11:55 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Front end alignment - 1996 Acura Integra

I have taken this car into several different shops over the years and none of them can seem to permanently correct the problem of the car pulling to the right.

I take it in, it's ok for a few months - a year, then back to the shop ($89.95 each time).

Can anyone tell me what the people that are supposed to know should be looking for, so i can bring it up at my next appointment?

Old 09-19-07, 02:08 PM
M
Received 34 Upvotes on 33 Posts
It's difficult to pinpoint something like that from a distance, but some things to take into consideration are:

When they realign the car do they find a specific misalignment, then correct it? Is the rear suspension being realigned as well? Have the support bushings been checked?

Has the car ever been in an accident?

Have all the wheel bearings been checked?

Check brakes for drag and even drag among all four wheels.

Are the tires equally inflated?

Those are just some of things I can think of that affect alignment. I'm sure there are a lot more on that particular car.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Old 09-19-07, 06:01 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Have ay of them shops swapped front tires side to side? If not, try it. Many times have we done alignments and adjusted the steering/suspension to specs and the vehicle would still pull. We switch the front tires side to side and then drive it and BAM, fixed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: