Slow starting

Old 09-22-07, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Slow starting

Ok, I need some help.

I have a 2002 mitsubishi. This morning it was starting fine as normal, however this evening when I went to start it up it was a little slow. I didn't here anything unsual, like clicking or grinding, but instead of just one quick turn of the key for it to be going it took an additional turn or two.

When I have the key in the ignition before starting it, the radio, interior lights, exterior lights, etc. all work fine. And after I get it started the radio, interior lights, and exterior lights etc. all work fine. Leading me to suspect that it's not the battery, but the starter. Am I correct that its probably about time that my starter be replaced?

If so, I fashion myself as somewhat handy and enjoy tinkering and trying to do things myself. But I normally don't do much with cars. Is this something that someone of my ilk could handle? Or should I just leave it to the pros?

Any words of wisdom and experience would be mighty helpful!
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-07, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I think checking your battery connections, a load test & checking your charging system would be in line before throwing a starter @ it. Let us know what you find from these tests & we'll go from there, Roger