Dodge Spirit electrical problem

Old 09-28-07, 10:10 PM
Dodge Spirit electrical problem

I have a 91 dodge spirit and the other day the brake light and the air bag light stayed on while driving.The next day the same lights were still on and I noticed the rear window defroster did not work. The next day my wife drove the car and the blower fan did not work, and the same dash lights also were on.
I was looking at it last night and I noticed the dash lights would be off and when I pushed the rear window defrost button the dash lights(brake light and air bag light) woud turn on and off. I also noticed the same thing when turning the fan/blower button on.
Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-07, 06:29 AM
First place I would start is at the fuse panel under the dash on drivers side. Possible blown fuses & or corrosion in fuse panel. Check the back side of the connection under the hood, at the firewall. Spraying WD-40 on the connection outside, may give you a temporary fix, or at least indicate the problem area for you, if it is in fact corrosion causing the problem. Pulling fuses & checking and re-installing, inside may clean connections inside temporarily. Inside I'd use a contact/electrical cleaner spray. Check all your connections at the battery for same.

Old 09-30-07, 07:24 PM
I checked all the fuses and they were good.
From what I have been reading there is really no connection between the air bag and the blower fan except the ignition switch.
ANy idea on how to check the switch? or if anyone ran into this problem before?

Jim

Old 10-01-07, 11:34 AM
Exclamation

replace the emc under the hood it should solve the problem.

Old 10-01-07, 11:57 AM
What is the emc? where is it located and how much does one cost? used or new?

Thanks,

Jim