Installation of CD player in 1996 Chrysler Concorde

Old 10-08-07, 02:31 PM
Installation of CD player in 1996 Chrysler Concorde

I bought a Dual XD-6320 CD Player/Receiver including a mounting kit and wiring harness. I removed the old player, installed the mounting kit, connected all the wires and antenna and tested the player. It all works fine. Now the problem. I tried to slide the player into the mounting sleeve and it will not go in. The new player is deeper than the one I took out. It "seems" there is a panel or something behind the right side of the player that is not deep enough but I am not sure. Does anyone have experience with this model car and have any ideas for me?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-07, 06:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Are you sure it's not binding up on the sleeve?

It is somewhat common to have a situation like yours. It may take some creative thinking in tucking the wires down so it slides in there better, usually this will get you a little closer to being flush.

If none of that works, the player maybe to deep for the dash and you will return the unit or located a dash trim kit that allows the unit to stick out a little further.

Old 10-08-07, 07:41 PM
I am sure. I have found that Chryslers do not have enough room for 7 inch deep players - which I believe is standard for DIN. A heating duct runs behind there. Can I cut a lard slot in that duct and cover it with a heavy plastic attached with duct tape to allow the player to set an inch of so into that duct? I am looking for a different dask it kit right now - that would be my first choice.