94 Ford Explorer 4 low light on

Old 10-09-07, 09:46 PM
94 Ford Explorer 4 low light on

I have a 1994 Ford Explorer. Yesterday the 4X4 Low light cam on for no reason. It was not in 4X4 and not in 4 Low. When I place the shifter in gear the light went off. When in Neutral or Park it came back on. I turned the car off and restarted it and the light now stays on in any gear. I can place in both 4 high and 4 low and it works great. 4 high and 4 low both engage. I can hear it come out of 4 low but the light still stays on. I checked my computer with a code reader and I have no error codes.

I am a little baffled as to why the light came on for no reason. Does anyone have any ideas???

I did get new tires but that was several days ago and I have put a little over 100 miles on it since them. The new tires are a bit larger 31 X 9.5 R15ís I donít know is this through anything off but I am sure I am not the only person to go up in tire size.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-09, 06:50 AM
Did you solve?

Hello,
I know you posted a couple years ago, but I was hoping you are still active on the forum. Did you, or perhaps, anyone reading this figure out and/or solve this problem. I have just encountered this issue on my 1994 XLT. The 4x4 light is on very dim all the time. I can engage the 4x4 and it seems to work (as far as I can tell) and the light is bright when it is on. When I turn it off, the light goes back to dim. If anyone has any ideas or have run into the problem I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks everyone!

Old 11-07-09, 04:41 PM
Bad sending unit on the transfer case.

Take it to a real transmission shop and they can repair it for less then $100

Search this Thread