94 trooper crankshaft bolt

Old 10-11-07, 12:17 AM
94 trooper crankshaft bolt

I was wondering if someone could give me some help? I am trying to take off the crankshaft pulley bolt off a 94 trooper. I need to replace the timing belt and waterpump. I don't have an impact wrench to take off the bolt. Is there another way I can take the bolt off?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-07, 05:34 AM
If it's a manual transmission, put it in gear and set the emergency brake. Then use a socket/breaker bar. It'll come off.

If you have an automatic, use the socket/breaker bar and extend the bar handle down from the underside of the truck and hit it with a heavy hammer. That will have the same effect as an impact.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Old 10-11-07, 07:25 AM
starter motor

If you are lucky the engine turns clockwise as viewed from the pulley end and the bolt has right-hand threads. Wedge the correct socket and breaker bar against something solid on the car (so it won't turn clockwise) and turn the key to start for a fraction of a second to pop it loose.

I did this on a '93 Mazda Protege after trying everything except an impact wrench. With the car in gear and with parking brake on I was able to move the car by turning the bolt with a breaker bar and cheater.