2004 aztek electrical problems.

Old 10-15-07, 07:44 AM
2004 aztek electrical problems.

ok.. this is involved.. LOL

1. Starting problems.... Randomly wont start. Starter wont engage. Initially I thought this to be the pk3 system going bad. Installed bypass didn't help. Took it to dealer and they ran a diagnostic. Found nothing wrong accept the tcc solenoid. They reset the system and the tcc code still came up.

2. Random abs light. It just comes on and off intermitently...

3. left blinker blinking waaaay to fast.

4. Random seatbelt light... same as abs.

5. Random security light... (this went away after dealer reset system)

6. The tcc ended up not being an issue. I took it to a trans shop. They replaced the tcc solenoid and the code for the tcc solenoid remained.

7. The lights have now randomly started turning on and off. (they are auto lights)

so... LOL...

What I think is the problem is a bad main computer.. but... I would like to try any and all quick cheap fixes first before I replace the main because replacing the main is not a cheap fix. From what I understand the main computer can only be replaced by the dealer and it ranges from 1000 - 2000 $. Money that I dont have.

any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-07, 12:10 PM
From what I've read it is most likely the BCM, but any quick fix ideas that you guys might have before I drop serious cash on this part would be great.

Old 10-15-07, 12:25 PM
alot of issues there and it could be computer or instrument cluster related but the biggest one is the no start would suspect the turn signal to be flasher or bulb problem.
if you could figure out the no start you might be able to live with the other problems for awhile, you might run a jumper directly to the starter so next time it acts up you can bypass the whole ignition system and see if it atleast cranks over and starts this will atleast confirm the starter and battery is ok if it related to the security system it will probably just start and immediatly die.

Old 10-15-07, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by bejay View Post
alot of issues there and it could be computer or instrument cluster related but the biggest one is the no start would suspect the turn signal to be flasher or bulb problem.
if you could figure out the no start you might be able to live with the other problems for awhile, you might run a jumper directly to the starter so next time it acts up you can bypass the whole ignition system and see if it atleast cranks over and starts this will atleast confirm the starter and battery is ok if it related to the security system it will probably just start and immediatly die.
I know that the starter is ok.. I just recently replaced it. It started this morning. The no start issue only happens every once in a while. I just wont engage the starter or the FI. Thats why I thought it was the security system at first, but with all of this other stuff happening.. Looks like it could be the bcm.

I will def try the blinker bulb.

Old 10-15-07, 07:07 PM
These things eat BCM's. There are a million symptoms of a faulty BCM. Also, I would say you definatley have a security system problem. Next time it comes on, drive it to the dealer and have a scan tool on it to check BCM codes.

Search this Thread