98 ford taurus

Old 11-02-07, 06:30 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
98 ford taurus

my daughter had a service engine soon light come on before it was due inspection,we had it scaned and said ox sense front and rear is bad ,changed them both. re scaned and it said fron and rear still bad looked again and found two more hidden ox senser .changed them and re set light again then drove car lite came back on .rescaned and it says front and rear ox senser are bad . has anyone have any idea whats going on .....

Old 11-03-07, 10:38 AM
M
Received 34 Upvotes on 33 Posts
The codes not only cover the ox sensors, but also the circuit to and from them. You may have something in the wiring/connections.

Old 11-03-07, 04:21 PM
it was saying both now its saying only foward sensor.

Old 11-03-07, 04:53 PM
M
Received 34 Upvotes on 33 Posts
If you have that type of variation, I would run it for a couple of days, then clear the codes and see if they come back. An 02 sensor only has to get to 600 degrees once to start generating a signal, but there could be something delaying them from coming on board.

Did you use OEM sensors or after market?

Old 11-03-07, 05:17 PM
i have run cleared said two sensors,run cleared,said two sensors .run cleared said one sensor.cleared and running again not sure if oem or not will have to check that out tks

Old 11-04-07, 04:41 AM
R
Try this

Electrical stuff can do strange things.My grand prix did something similar so I disconnected the battery for a few minutes to reset the computor and it work for me....Had to reset the radio again but was worth it..RICK

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: