Nissan Altima, No Heater

Old 11-14-07, 10:54 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Nissan Altima, No Heater

I have a 2005 Nissan Altima that has the heater go cool, then gets hot again, then goes cool. Turning AC on or off makes no difference. Doesn't seem to be a reason to this, sometimes when you switch the flow output, sometimes when you're just crusing. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Tom

Old 11-15-07, 03:50 AM
Check your coolant level in the radiator and reservoir, becareful when open the radiator cap when engine is hot, also check the rad cap for damage/swollen seal.

Old 11-15-07, 08:58 PM
M
Coolant

Depending on what area of the country you're located the cooling system can be more important during the winter than in the summer. I would not only check for coolant level, but also check to see if you have any leaks, check to see if the thermostat is operating correctly, and also the condition of the coolant itself. Check to see if it is dirty, different color than "normal" as is milky, the wrong color, or not enough antifreeze. Also, Thexton makes a "tool" that will check the freeze point of the antifreeze mixture.

Lastly, I might recommend a coolant flush. If you find that the coolant itself is bad you could just drain the radiator, engine, and flush. However, a coolant flush done at a repair facility with a machine is much better. It will circulate and filter out particles, they should add an additive to help break it up, and it will also do a leak check.

Let the force be with you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: