1989 Dodge Dakota Passenger window

Old 11-25-07, 07:10 AM
1989 Dodge Dakota Passenger window

My 1989 Dodge Dakota passenger window has jumped the track. About 3 to 4 inches from the top is a plastic glide that runs in a track I believe on the inside of the door frame. I have been unsuccessful in placing it back in the track. Would someone be so kind as to pass on the steps neede to proceed.
Thank you
Sheeptick

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-07, 10:21 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
How have you gone about attempting this so far?

In old cars I have had in the past, moons ago, that have done similar, I have had to get the window down lower where the spread of the tracks is wider, and then pop the window in the track, and then help guide it on the way up (by pulling the top of the glass while I push on the window in or out and crank it up all at he same time) so it doesn't jump out again. Generally something has gone awry down inside why it jumped track and you have to end up taking the inner door panel off to see why it did it. Maybe part of your track is broke. But my approach has helped me at least get the thing back up, until one gets it fixed right so you can use it.

Old 11-25-07, 04:23 PM
I have removed the inner door panel and cranked the window all the way down. Then I tried to clip the plastic guide in place and return the window to the top. Locks up as the glide and track are not alligned.
Removed and placed glide in track and tried to crank window up until the hole in the glass meets the glide........like shooting in the dark,,,,hit or miss as is my case.
I thought about removing the glass lift so the window could be moved inside the lifting try, this allowing it to lower itself more but was afraid that could cause some real problems in the long run....
Any ideas worth a turn, Thanks Sheeptick