honda RPM way high

Old 11-26-07, 05:57 PM
honda RPM way high

I haven't a clue of what I have done. I just put a new belt on our honda odesey and now the RPM is running about 3000.
What could I have done?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-07, 01:37 PM
Check around the engine compartment really close.I think you may have a vacuum line off. You may even hear it making a sucking noise when the engine is running, but be careful of mooving parts!!! Roger

Old 11-27-07, 04:44 PM
Thank you, found it

Last night in my panic I could not get a hold of what I could have done, so I took a 10 minute break and went back and started at the throttle body, da?, that is where RPM are primarily controlled. I found the throttle cable with plenty of free play but noticed the throttle was not coming back to its stop. The cruise control cable was pulling back on the throttle. Looking at the cruise control cable I found that I must have pulled on it in some manner while working in the area of the alternator/ AC belt. Problem finally found and the wife was able to drive it to work today. Again thank al of you that read and answer us that find ourselves in distress.

Old 11-28-07, 05:50 PM
Great to hear you found it. Sometimes a small coffee break is all it takes!! Roger