98 Gran Prix blower motor not fnctioning at all

Old 11-27-07, 07:13 AM
98 Gran Prix blower motor not fnctioning at all

Morning all! I need some help. My heater blower motor on my Pontiac Grand Prix GT 1998 3.8 is not functioning. After doing research, I know it is not the resistor. It has to be the blower motor, switch or a relay. I have pulled the compartment inside apart and do not know what I am looking for. There is a major wiring deal with a black wire and a purple wire. Where can I find a picture that will identify the parts for me so I can remove. I think it may be the switch since the blower worked fine and then went out suddenly. Any help out there for me? Also I wanted to know what needed to be replaced before I take it in somewhere since I have had bad luck with auto repairs. An informed client saves money! Thanks.

Last edited by juliejlady; 11-27-07 at 09:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-07, 09:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Suddenly sure sounds like a fuse, but I'm sure you checked them first. Remember that there are several fuse locations, so check them all. Second choice would be a loose connector or broken wire.

Old 11-27-07, 11:19 AM
Some public libraries will have the 'Motors Manuals', a large book with electrical schematics of vehicles wiring systems. This would be a great help to you in tracking down how your blower works and where the relays, etc. are. These schematics can also be purchased on-line for your vehicle.

Old 11-28-07, 06:32 AM
questions Goldstar re: fuses Ty Formula for the library sugg.

I replaced the HVAC CTRL fuse 20 amp and the other one that is 30 amp. There is another one under the hood of the car and I pulled that one and it is fine. Is there a relay switch because that is what would make sense to me?

Formula-thanks for the library suggestion but hoping i can get the answers on here while i am at work otherwise I have to wait until Sat. Good future reference tho.