96 eclipse rev. lt. sw.

Old 12-02-07, 08:22 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
96 eclipse rev. lt. sw.

Can anyone tell me where the rev. light sw. is on a 96 mitsu eclipse. 5 spd. [on the linkage or screwed into trans. thanks.

Old 12-02-07, 09:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Disconnect the negative battery cable.

Disconnect the selector cable from the lever.

Remove the 2 retaining screws and lift off the switch.

The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Do not tighten the bolts until the switch is adjusted.

Make sure the engine only starts in P and N. Also make sure the reverse lights turn ON in R.

Old 12-02-07, 10:59 AM
E
Thanks for the reply. Its a manual and I want to know where the switch is located. I can see one switch screwed into the trans. To get a good look at the top of the trans I need to take out the batt. & tray. If you can tell me if its under or on top of trans. that would save some unneeded labor out in the cold. Thanks. It may only need adjustment. I hope.

Old 12-02-07, 11:01 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Sorry about that.

The switch is screwed into the right side of the transaxle case and is replaceable, but not adjustable.

Old 12-02-07, 11:11 AM
E
Thanks again for the quick reply. I saw a switch looks like sender type of switch screwed into front drivers side of trans. Ill check for power and jump it out to see if thats the problem. bulbs are good fuse is good. Ill reply my results when the snow melts.

Old 12-02-07, 01:45 PM
E
Sorry I should have said I'll check switch w/meter to see if it closes and has continuity. then i'll jump it just for peace of mind . LOL

Old 12-03-07, 09:31 AM
E
I took out the switch. It has continuity when the ball is pressed down so the switch works but the brass colored part inside trans seems to not push the switch up. Could it be the internal spring is weak and don't push the ball down far enough to make contact with the rev. gear mechinisem. The switch has power and lights light if wires are jumped out.Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: