1998 Dodge 2500 V10

Old 12-02-07, 05:11 PM
1998 Dodge 2500 V10

I have a 1998 Dodge 2500 V10 and I havn't driven it in a couple weeks and it has been around 0 degrees and I went out started it whuch it did fine and drove it uptown to pick up my daughter from work and sat there for a while then it quit and would not start again. you can hear the fuel pump kick in but it will not start. I put in a can of Isoheet and keep trying it. When I let it sit for awhile it will sputter but wont start then I checked the schrader valve and nothing came out. what I am asking if it is more than likley frozen gas line or maybe something else thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-07, 05:41 PM
Everything considered, frozen gasline.

Old 12-02-07, 05:45 PM
thats kinda what I am thinking any ideas on thawing out I thought maybe hair dryer thanks

Old 12-02-07, 05:52 PM
Anything with heat would work. The best thing is just get it inside, then in the future either use gasline antifreeze regularly in the gas or use ethanol if you have it available.

For now, if you have any flow going through it all, the Isoheet will cut the ice out. You might try another bottle in the tank, then hold down the schrader valve and have a helper cycle the key to spin the fuel pump.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Old 12-02-07, 07:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by marbobj View Post
Everything considered, frozen gasline.
I highly doubt it.

Gasoline freezes at around -121F.

I was stationed in Alaska for sometime and left my vehicles sitting there for weeks at WELL BELOW zero and never once did gasoline freeze.

Old 12-03-07, 05:31 AM
thanks for the suggestions I will let you know what I find out