Looking at tires

Old 12-11-07, 08:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thumbs down Looking at tires

I am looking for tires for my car. I was told years ago that Uniroyal tires are owned by someone else. I was wondering who owns them or if it is just an urban legend. I am kinda leaning toward the Michelin's since at BJ's there is only about a $3 difference in price. Thank you in advance for any input.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-07, 09:57 AM
Group Moderator
Everything you ever wanted to know on the subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Rubber_Company

Old 12-11-07, 03:17 PM
Cool tires

if your looking for inexpensive racing tires find some donlop sp sport tires or if your looking for a good set for a truck try futura they have great prices and most of their truck tires have a good warranty and are factory rated at 118mph.

Last edited by HotxxxxxxxOKC; 12-11-07 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Removed possible offensive word
Old 12-11-07, 03:48 PM
Might try tirerack.com for another perspective. I just bought 4 tires for my daughter's car at 1/2 price to locals. Placed order Thursday at 2 pm, UPS guy dropped them off Friday at noon. I don't think you can count on Michelin's being a better tire just based on name alone; all companies have differing level of quality in their product lines and you may be paying more for lesser quality just to get the brand name.
Good luck!

Old 12-11-07, 06:18 PM
Group Moderator
I buy all my tires from tirerack.com. Goodyear fan, myself.

Old 12-12-07, 04:13 PM
Tires

Yeah they seem to have really good prices although I usually prefer to buy the tires and same place where they will be installed because of warranty and other issues, anyways I have had really good experiences with BF Goodrich, Michelin and Bridgestone, Goodyear are ok but not all that, check out Pirelli, Yokohama and Kuhmo I hear they're good too.

Old 12-27-07, 10:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
A neighbor of mine told me that I could go to local tire shop and get Cooper tires with an aggressive tread for about $50 each. Since I am already very upside down on my car I will probably go with those since I am at the point of trying to put the least amount possible into it ('95 VW Jetta 189k and front end damage). Locally the most I could probably get $300 for it if I sold it now, am saving up for a truck now. The Jetta loves to fly and I don't always pay attention to the speedometer.

Last edited by nightowlpunk; 12-27-07 at 10:44 AM. Reason: typo put in it instead of I