12v timers

Old 12-19-07, 08:44 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question 12v timers

I need a 12v sec. timer (adjustable time) that is capable of repeating timed cycles upon the closing of a circuit. This is probably a lame request for information, but i have practically zero knowledge on the workings of such a timer. If anyone can give specifics about the part (timer) that I need, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,
James

Old 12-20-07, 05:07 AM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
try Grainger. this is just one of many time delay relays they stock. be sure to order the correct socket for a quality installation.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...24&submit.y=10

Old 12-20-07, 09:28 AM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
12v Timer

Thanks,

The timer from Grainger appears to be for time delayed 'starts'; i need a timer that will, upon input from a source; close, starting the operation...time-out... and then open the circuit, ending the operation rather than timing-out, closing and starting the operation. The timer must be able to repeat this operation each time that the input from a source is received. Do you think that this timer will work in this fashion?

Thanks for the reply and information!

James

Old 12-20-07, 04:03 PM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
they have many types available and some that are multi function. i use one as a burnout timer that begins it's cycle upon closing a circuit, times out, then turns on a light to indicate the end of the cycle. it can be set up for other modes as well. look through the web site and i think you'll find one that will work. for more info on a particular unit google the mfg's web site for a manual or instruction sheet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: