where is the heater cotrol valve

Old 12-20-07, 11:09 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
where is the heater cotrol valve

im trying to replace the heater control valve on a 1987 caprice, but where is it?????
Old 12-21-07, 04:21 AM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 12,061
Received 198 Upvotes on 158 Posts
Older cars generally regulated the heat by controlling the flow of hot water to the heater core. Newer cars have the same flow all the time to the core and the heat is regulated by means of a mixing door in the HVAC ductwork. The older style have a valve under the hood in one of the heater hoses; you should find that, if so equipped, by tracing the heater hoses. The actuator for a mixing door controlled system will be inside the car under the dash and may be vacuum controlled or have a cable to the control.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: