horn don't work

Old 12-22-07, 05:45 PM
horn don't work

maybe all my car posts should be merged into a post called flirty1's car problem thread

heres my next problem. i have no horn. i press it and i can hear it click but nothing happens. where is it located and how do i replace it? the clicking is coming from the pasenger side of the engine compartment and can be heard inside the car when i press the horn button. oh and incase you forgot its a 91 olds cutlass ceria

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-07, 06:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The clicking you are hearing is the horn relay doing its job. You can test the horn itself by running a wire from the horn and touching the positive terminal of the battery with the other end. It should sound. If not, the horn is probably faulty.

Old 12-23-07, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
The clicking you are hearing is the horn relay doing its job. You can test the horn itself by running a wire from the horn and touching the positive terminal of the battery with the other end. It should sound. If not, the horn is probably faulty.
ok but where is it located under the hood don't want to hook a wire up to the wrong item. and what type do i get. theres a low tone and a high tone model available both are under $20

Old 12-23-07, 07:07 PM
Ussualy located behind the bumper assembly just below the the passenger's side headlight assembly.
You may have to pull the headlight assembly out or get under the car with a light and look for 2 big black snails.

Old 12-26-07, 09:53 PM
ok located the horn but it does not look like a snail. it has a plug and play connection and the mounting bracket has 2 bolts.now how do i hotwire the horn so i see if it works. sense the horn relay works i guess the horn is bad. i post pictures tomorrow.

Old 01-07-08, 07:09 AM
ok i took the picture is this the horn

Old 01-09-08, 02:45 PM
ok im assuming thats the horn. now how do i replace it and what tone do i need high or low both are under $20 from autozone. theres a bracket holding it with 2 bolts and a plug and play connection