2001 Ford Ranger "edge" 4x4 front barkes

Old 12-29-07, 11:54 AM
2001 Ford Ranger "edge" 4x4 front barkes

My daughter called me to see if I can check her brakes on her '01 Ranger 4x4. She says it's a 4.1L, it has a 5 speed with electronic locking hubs. (trans shifts hard too, but that's another subject.)

What I need to know about is are there any 'surprizes' with working on the front calipers? Such as weird fasteners, pins, springs, etc.? I'd hate to get it in the air to discover I need a special tool or part unique to this truck.

She says they sqeak when she stops... she's got 80,000 on the truck and has never needed brake repairs. I hope she hasn't chewed up the rotors... "ouch."

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-07, 02:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Nothing special with these. Just remove the smaller bolts holding the caliber piston on and pop the pads out.

Old 12-29-07, 07:30 PM
No sweat

It's so easy a caveman can do it!!! I got one side done when a friend's kid whose working for a dealership came by. He did the other side while I watched... in half the time too! Sweet.

Now if Ford could only make getting to their slave cylinders that easy on Rangers... what's with them being on the inside of the bell housings?

Happy New Year!
Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Jeepdluv; 12-29-07 at 07:33 PM. Reason: typo

Search this Thread