1998 olds silhouette

Old 01-02-08, 10:49 AM
1998 olds silhouette

my 98 minivan quit blowing warm air,when I checked the resevoir,it was full.with the engine running both radiator hoses were collapsed.I have tried bleeding the system with the bleeder valve near the thermostat.what am I missing?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-08, 06:08 PM
Thermostat may be stuck open, not allowing the engine to reach the proper operating temperature.

Old 01-03-08, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by rick8842 View Post
my 98 minivan quit blowing warm air,when I checked the resevoir,it was full.with the engine running both radiator hoses were collapsed.I have tried bleeding the system with the bleeder valve near the thermostat.what am I missing?
you did not say if this problem just occured or was after some work was done? if both hoses are collapsed, it sounds like the thermostat is stuck closed causing the water pump to pull against a closed system. is there water in the radiator? does the vehicle run hot? reguardless, i would change the thermostat. cheap to buy and maybe??? easy to fix. sometimes the bottom water hose from the radiator to the water pump will collapse from age. if the hoses have been on for a while, it would be a good idea to change them anyway, as well as the heater hoses. better on your terms than in a snow/rain storm on the side of the road.