2001 yukon approaching trouble

Old 01-04-08, 07:15 PM
2001 yukon approaching trouble

good day everyone!

i have a 2001 yukon xl approaching 160 km...now i hear that this is trouble for these trucks because along with the tuneup thats suggested from gm, a lot of little things start to go wrong too...

now, what seems to be happening to me is the horn no longer works...i hit the horn and nothing happens...i noticed though that it doesnt dim the lights when i hit and/or hold the horn down...could this be a fuse...

also, does anyone know where i could get a replacement rear wiper motor...another thing gone...

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-08, 09:43 PM
Yukon

Originally Posted by inkredable1 View Post
good day everyone!

i have a 2001 yukon xl approaching 160 km...now i hear that this is trouble for these trucks because along with the tuneup thats suggested from gm, a lot of little things start to go wrong too...

now, what seems to be happening to me is the horn no longer works...i hit the horn and nothing happens...i noticed though that it doesnt dim the lights when i hit and/or hold the horn down...could this be a fuse...

also, does anyone know where i could get a replacement rear wiper motor...another thing gone...

thanks

Is it 160 K Mi or 160K Kms ? in any case no it doesn't necesarily holds true that based on certain number or miles or kilometers on truck " trouble " will appear, it is just normal wear and tear, on these engines " tune up" basically means changing spark plugs and checking/replacing filters, no need to fine tune anything since it is all computer controlled, horn most likey just needs a new fuse and check fuse also for rear wiper motor, if you need a new one try autozone or the dealership

Old 01-05-08, 04:59 AM
As Lou stated, I wouldn't hit the panic button yet, but maybe time for a tranny filter & fluid change along with regular maintenance items? Get yourself a 12 volt test light if you don't have one yet. A simple test at both horn & wiper motor connections will confirm your trouble spot. If your not sure of procedure, ask, we'll help.

Old 01-05-08, 06:11 AM
Group Moderator
Horn could be simply wire knocked loose, too, or possibly the horn relay.

Old 01-05-08, 08:31 AM
thanks guys, i will check that out and keep the post informed of my progress...

it is 160k...

thanks...