broke fuel feed line

Old 02-05-08, 03:21 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
broke fuel feed line

While removing a fuel filter-the bolt would not budge to move,I thought it was loosening but it bent,cracked and then tore off. So no i have the bolt that goes to the fule feed line attached to the filter and a severed line. wondering what to do....
1 replace the line?
2 sauder it together with new filter?

any help would be great!!!

Old 02-05-08, 03:47 PM
A
Received 4 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Yea, a hot soldering gun right next to gasoline vapors, make sure a buddy had a camera nearby and don't forget to wear Nomex underwear. Seriously, now that it's broke off, can you get the bolt out and is there enough left on the line that you could clamp on some fuel hose? If so may try and splice in a section of high pressure fuel hose.

Old 02-06-08, 06:00 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
year, make and model of vehicle would be helpful. replacing a steel line with rubber hose isn't advised by the manufacturer, i'm sure. i'm also sure it's been done before, but that doesn't make it safe. there are steel line repair kits available in different diameters. check with your local parts supplier and see what they offer...i know that NAPA carries them. one end is the end that screws into the filter, the other end uses an compression coupling. you'll need a small tubing cutter. cut the existing line off back where it's not bent or twisted...loosely install your new filter and size up what length is required for the repair line, mark it with a pencil or marker and then cut it off. install the compression nut, ferrule on both line ends. slip the coupling over both ends of the lines, slide the ferrule up to the coupling, start and tighten the nuts and voila, you'll have a nicely repaired line. there are other variations that may require line flaring as well...depends on what's available from your local parts guys.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: