06 f-150 4x4 intermittent 4wd

Old 02-10-08, 04:17 AM
G
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
06 f-150 4x4 intermittent 4wd

I have an 06 f-150 4x4
that is off warranty and the 4wd drive works only when it wants also light indicating engagement is intermittent, I had dealer install new trans at 37000 miles, that could be the beginning of the problem but no real proof of it, any suggestions?

Old 02-10-08, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Greenguy1
I have an 06 f-150 4x4
that is off warranty and the 4wd drive works only when it wants also light indicating engagement is intermittent, I had dealer install new trans at 37000 miles, that could be the beginning of the problem but no real proof of it, any suggestions?
i donno much about fords, as i do not buy them, but common sense tells me 2 things:
1. scope it at any parts store with scanner for trouble codes, it's free
2. judging from my silverado, it might be transmission switch. mine went bad at around 60K miles and is notorious problem. like the rest of the problems i had in not even a year of ownership.
not to leave a ford owner offended - believe me, that was the last time i bought a domestic either. we have 6 cars in the family, lexus, honda, mazda, silverado, volkswagen, eclipse, and scion - and only japanese ones were virtually worry free, even with that honda being a rebuilt and heavily abused. i have to deal with my silverado for the next 3 yrs, or out the gate it'd be gone long ago.

Old 02-10-08, 11:06 AM
Sashimi Rules !

Just to add a little to that, yes Japanese are very reliable no doubt about it, Im a landscaper and ALL the commercial grade equipment pretty much comes from the land of the rising sun, kawasaki, honda, echo ( american co. with japanese engines ) , shindaiwa ,etc.
We also own a bobcat and guess who makes all their diesel engines ? that's right Kubota , another jap company.
My silverado 07 Duramax is also of course half japanese, Duramax is made by Isuzu, thats why their so darn good !
My 2 cents, Ford's are bad stay away from them, get at least a Chevy or better.

Old 02-10-08, 11:32 AM
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I'll put my 3500 Dodge 24 valve Turbo Diesel against any of the other domestics (and foreign ones, for that matter) considering torque, pure power and fuel economy (17 mpg). Itty bitty trucks are good on gas mileage, but wouldn't pull your hat off in a strong wind. The larger Fords and Chevy's are V8's which make them heavier and less torque due to the "V" design. The Dodge is only a 6 cylinder, inline, and puts them to shame. Is your Ford "on the fly" or do you pull a lever to actuate it?

Old 02-10-08, 12:40 PM
mmm...

This is material for another long thread but no I don't think your Dodge Cummins is better than my Chevy Duramax when it comes to torque and full pulling power, without even mentioning the tranny , Allison 6 speed is years ahead of Dodge .
Don't get me wrong Dodge is good, better that Ford Powerjoke, but I don't think it edges the mighty Duramax/Allison combo.
Toyota is in talks with Cat to produce a Diesel powered truck...We'll see about that one.

Old 02-11-08, 03:49 AM
G
Are you guy's done stroking your ego's? Don't matter I am done with this! you guy's or gal's have your own interests in mind, find a different sight, where is the Moderator?

Old 02-11-08, 07:58 AM
Are you guy's done stroking your ego's? Don't matter I am done with this! you guy's or gal's have your own interests in mind, find a different sight, where is the Moderator?
Sorry didn't mean to hijack you thread
Auto parts stores do not have the scanner for the 4x4 system, only for check engine light tbc's, if your " service 4x4 " light is on take it to dealer for scanning.
Also check relays under hood ? ( at least on silverado's )
Not a fan of Ford's sorry too many problems I switched to Chevy years ago.

Old 02-11-08, 03:41 PM
Greenguy, we have side conversations on the forum, and believe me it isn't at your expense. It ain't about stroking egos. Mine left along time ago. You were asked questions and haven't answered them. How are we going to help you if you don't give us what we need? Forgive us if we have a little lightness. We certainly didn't mean to hurt your ford feelings. We'll carry on when you give us info.

Old 02-11-08, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

Debating is healthy. I see nothing wrong going on in here as long as a post doesn't result in insulting anyone or demeaning.

Old 02-11-08, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry I demeaned your ford.

Old 02-11-08, 04:27 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I'll close the thread since the OP didn't like the responses.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: