2000 Ford Taurus

Old 02-11-08, 01:53 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question 2000 Ford Taurus

Noticed over the past few weeks when it's real cold (single digits today) that the engine turns over but wants to stall if I don't put my foot on the gas after about 30 seconds.Once it warms up for a few minutes, it'll stay on, and after that I can drive away with no problems.Any thoughts what the problem could be? Thanks very much in advance!

Old 02-11-08, 02:58 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You could first see if the flap in the fresh air duct before your air cleaner is closing down the way it should when cold, so the air has to be routed through a part fo the engine that gets warner faster, like the exhaust manifold. Then if that is acting the right way, then it sounds to me that for some reason the computer is not acknowledging that it should be sending more fuel, as it most likely should be, to the injection system when cold, in the very beginning. Then it is a matter of finding out what part (s) is/are involved, for your particular engine, like say the temp sending unit or ?.

After the 30 seconds or after the car warms up, does the car have plenty of power including under load conditions, so we can rule out the car not able to deliver sufficient gas?

[I have no actual knowledge on your particular car or engine. My simple first response is based on general engine information.]

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: