2000 Yukon Ft Pass Air Leak

Old 02-22-08, 05:28 PM
2000 Yukon Ft Pass Air Leak

I have a 2000 Yukon XL that has an air leak in the front passenger side floor area. It is really noticable in the winter when it is cold. My wife cannot even keep her feet down there most of the time. I heard this was a common problem with these but I cannot find a fix. Does anyone know where I can find some information on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-08, 03:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I would think the only way cold air would get into the cabin would be via the door seal, heater hose in/out seals or other penetrations of the firewall. You may have to go a General Motors site and check the TSB's to see if this problem was ever addressed to the dealers, since you said it was a common problem.

Old 02-24-08, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Bullet670 View Post
I have a 2000 Yukon XL that has an air leak in the front passenger side floor area. It is really noticable in the winter when it is cold. My wife cannot even keep her feet down there most of the time. I heard this was a common problem with these but I cannot find a fix. Does anyone know where I can find some information on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
No not a common problem , I've been driving chevys for a long time and never heard of it, chevys have an automatic air
venting system it can not be turned off or canceled just adjusted to your preferences.
Check your fan selector on center console, it has five positions one for upper vents, another for floor only , another one for a mix of both and so on..
Then check your temp selector if it is all the way to the blue thats why that air is so cold, set it in the middle or so..
Ditto for electronic climate controls ( which you may or may not have ).

Old 02-24-08, 04:42 PM
The reason I said it was a common problem is because I called in on one of those radio talk shows with the master technitions and told him the problem. He said it was a very common problem on 2000-2004's. He said it was a leak in the front firewall somewhere and was an easy fix. He could not believe that the dealership was unaware of this problem. All I had to do is take it in to his shop and he would fix it for about $100. Well, I don't want to have to pay him for something I can do myself if I know where to look. That is why I was hoping that someone else had had this repair done and could tell me how to do it.

There are no TSB's on it. I have had 2 different dealerships check for me. Lastly, I know it is not a control issue. Believe me...my wife has tried every different combination possible to try and fix it.

Hope this new information helps and if someone knows has had/heard of this I would appreciate some direction.

Thanks!