brake lights

Old 03-05-08, 03:55 PM
brake lights

My fuse under the hood for the brake lights keeps blowing so I replaced brake light switch appeared to work till I went from one place to another and checked again it was blown again, replaced and came home so far there still working. I'am using the right fuse # 15, could it be an intermittent short and could I check this myself not a mechanic.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-08, 04:02 PM
Group Moderator
Does sound like an intermittent short. Before you resort to a mechanic you can try inspecting as much of the brake light wiring as possible. Unfortunately quite a bit of it is going to be hard to access.

Old 03-05-08, 04:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What kind of vehicle. Why this matters so much?: Example - I had pickup truck with exposed wires running along the frame and dangling down in places at the rear of the bed. Had troubles with back lights. Insulation worn through, rotten connections, etc.

So, is this some nice newer car that never sees a dirt road?, and no snow slush flying up under the car, or ?

What do your back lights look like? Are the lenses clear, or do they look like lots of moisture has gotten inside? Have you gone into where the bulb sockets are to just inspect?

Search this Thread