2004 Tahoe "Service 4WD" Light

Old 03-09-08, 07:56 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2004 Tahoe "Service 4WD" Light

It has a 5.3L and I have gotten this "Service 4WD" a few times on the DIC. I'm not sure if it means I need to put fluid in it or if there's an actual problem with the 4WD system. Some other things have been happening lately also. Upon starting the car, the 4WD will be engaged in 4LO or the Red N will be on stating the transfer case is in Neutral. Not sure if these two are related. I've read a couple of places the most common fix is to replace the 4WD switch, not sure where that's located, or if that's even the proper nomenclature. So I guess I'm just looking for a bit of information before I start throwing parts at it or take it to a dealer.

Old 03-09-08, 10:14 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrbkeller
It has a 5.3L and I have gotten this "Service 4WD" a few times on the DIC. I'm not sure if it means I need to put fluid in it or if there's an actual problem with the 4WD system. Some other things have been happening lately also. Upon starting the car, the 4WD will be engaged in 4LO or the Red N will be on stating the transfer case is in Neutral. Not sure if these two are related. I've read a couple of places the most common fix is to replace the 4WD switch, not sure where that's located, or if that's even the proper nomenclature. So I guess I'm just looking for a bit of information before I start throwing parts at it or take it to a dealer.
Yep just take it to dealership they're pretty much the only ones that can pull out the tbc's on your all wheel drive system, I have the same problem on a 2000 K2500 suburban I still have to take it to the dealer...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: