bondo help

Old 03-16-08, 02:28 PM
bondo help

I am applying epoxy to my concrete floor in my shop. I used bondo to fill the cracks and didn't use enough hardener. Ive removed most of the bondo but there is still some residue, mostly about two inches on each side of the cracks. Im not sure how to remove the residue. If I re-apply bondo to the cracks will it matter if all the original residue is removed first?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-08, 03:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure bondo is the best material for filling cracks on concrete.

Laquer thinner should clean up the residue.

Old 03-16-08, 06:02 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by shawnidaho View Post
I am applying epoxy to my concrete floor in my shop. I used bondo to fill the cracks and didn't use enough hardener. Ive removed most of the bondo but there is still some residue, mostly about two inches on each side of the cracks. Im not sure how to remove the residue. If I re-apply bondo to the cracks will it matter if all the original residue is removed first?
i have used bondo(aka-plastic filler) on a lot of things but this is a first. i really doubl that it will stay put very long, but i could be wrong! the only way i know to get it all out is to sand/grind and form a rough/clean surface. if i WERE going to use a filler, i would go for the short hair fiberglass type filler. same price but harder. keep me posted. this may be info. i can use!!

Old 03-16-08, 08:32 PM
As long as you don't expose the floor to moisture why wouldn't it work............
When my wife and I were moving out our first apartment I used Bondo to put the porcelin towel rack mounts back in the wall of the bathroom.
They had pulled out of the wall and left two big holes and the bondo worked great! (very strong bond)

Old 03-16-08, 09:17 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I'll hit it hard tomorrow and let you know how things go. BTW, I did use the short haired fiber type filler but figured more posters would recognize bondo. Thanks again!

Search this Thread