Radiator leak

Old 03-28-08, 03:38 AM
Exclamation Radiator leak

I have 94 Chevy Lumina that is leaking coolant. I'm pretty sure I know where the leak is. How would I best go about repairing it inexpensively. Any advice is welcome.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-08, 06:40 AM
Group Moderator
With a radiator leak you choices are basically replace the radiator or put some stop-leak in and hope it seals it up. Stop-leak is a band-aid fix that is usually used for short term fixes or on vehicles that aren't worth the cost of a new radiator. You might try pricing a replacement radiator; last one I nneded we got through radiators.com and the price wasn't bad.

Old 03-28-08, 06:51 AM
With plastic radiators nowdays, it's difficult to repair them, as the Tow Guy mentions. Stop Leak can sometimes work - though I've had it gum up my overflow hoses in the past. There are places that claim to repair newer radiators - might be worth your while to look one up and see what they charge (and, if they guarantee their work).

Old 03-28-08, 10:12 PM
As some of you have read before I used Fix a Leak ( yellow bottle ) on my wife's suburban and it worked very good , water pump was leaking and its gone now
if it comes back then yeah time for a new pump but so far so good