ECM Location

Old 03-28-08, 05:44 PM
ECM Location

I am looking for the location of the ecm for a 93 Buick Lesabre 3800 V-6.If you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-08, 07:30 PM
Should be in the engine compartment! In the 5 different vehicles I have owned it was near the air filter box or the battery. GOOD LUCK

Old 03-29-08, 05:34 AM
Group Moderator
Some other possibilities: under the dash, behind a kick panel, and under the driver's seat. Not sure if under the back seat is possible or not, but there are some vehicles that have the battery mounted there (nothing I drive, thankfully).

Old 03-29-08, 07:03 AM
Ecm

Well its not in the engine compartment.It looks like there is two bundles of wires going into the firewall on passenger side.I am getting code 22 and 26.it runs fine when cold but when it warms up it cuts out when accellerating.Level off and it runs fine.

Old 03-29-08, 08:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Best I can do is tell you that, on an '88 Regal, the ECM was underhood, in front of the right shock tower.

I seem to recall another GM that I had put the ECM behind the passenger side kick panel (the side panel facing the right fender well.

Old 03-29-08, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
per autozone site

Front seating area, passenger side, behind dash, mounted behind glove compartment cavity