PT Cruiser front windows not going down

Old 04-05-08, 03:05 PM
Lightbulb PT Cruiser front windows not going down

I have a 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser which has power windows. The back windows go up and down with no problem but the front windows will not go down about 95% of the time, the front windows will go up any time just not down. Could this be a wiring issue? I checked the fuses and there is one fuse which controls all of the windows. All the windows power controls are housed together on the dash board. I removed the housing but could not open it up to check the connections to the actual switches. What can I do
Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-08, 05:40 PM
windows

I will say it is most likely the switchs. You need to check to see if current is going out, when you push for front windows!
You could pull door panels and see if you have current at motor. I don't know if they have a relay, for front or rear. Past expersense says they don't. You are luck most of time it's down and will not come up!!!
Thats what I think!

Old 04-06-08, 08:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
afarid am i your window regulators are bad. i had exactly same symptoms on my truck, except that my windows will go down, but had to be yanked up. untill they died completely, one at a time. replaced with aftermarket regulators, $80 a pop, vs. $180 stealership, and that was it. internet allmighty.
switches are somewhat toooooo simplistic to go bad, esp 2 at the same time. say praise to the lord that you don't have chrysler lebaron, i had to replace them plastic gears in that car almost every 6 mths, due to totally dumb choice of material fo them, and easy task it was not at all.

Old 04-07-08, 04:23 AM
you need to either test electrically or have someone do it for you. you'll need the wire diagram for the pwdo and a test light. you already know you have power to the switch but when the window won't come down, test for voltage on the "down" side of the switch.if you don't have voltage here, you have a bad switch. then test for voltage on the return side (ground)...if you have voltage here, you have a bad switch.