Nissan Altima hard to start at times

Old 04-10-08, 05:25 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I too have a Nissan 2.5 that is hard to start at times. If I wait about 5 seconds then crank it will usually start right up. If not it will crank like its out of gas. I am wondering if it could be related to a fuel problem or a cat. converter which they had a big recall on this engine.I love my SER and want to install a inline filter somewhere but is there one already I can't find one.I added a oil supplement that seemed to help with the starting if that makes sence.

Old 04-10-08, 06:17 AM
M
Received 34 Upvotes on 33 Posts
It sound fuel related = filter, pump, regulator.

Start by changing the filter, then if still a problem check the fuel pump pressure. Pressure gauges are often available for rent or borrow at auto parts stores.

Adding an inline filter may give a little extra protection, but if the OEM filter is maintained it shouldn't be necessary.

As far as the oil additive alleviating the problem, there really isn't a connection unless the additive boosted deficient compression. I think I would follow the fuel problem logic first.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Old 04-10-08, 01:39 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
sounds like the pressure regulator is not keepin fuel in the line, letting it drain back to the tank and having to refill the line when you try to start it. did you try to turn the key on, wait 15/20 seconds and the start?(it does have an elect pump!!?) keep us posted.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: