removing factory stereo from 1998 Camry

Old 04-13-08, 06:42 PM
D
doc
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
removing factory stereo from 1998 Camry

we just bought a new cd deck/stereo for my wife's 1998 Camry. I'm a reasonably handy guy and would like to try doing this swap myself. The first trick is getting to the old one.

Does any one know of a good set of instructions that can tell me how to take enough of the dashboard out to get to the stereo?

Or - am I crazy and should I take it to a pro?

thanks.

Last edited by HotxxxxxxxOKC; 04-13-08 at 08:00 PM. Reason: ++Mod Note: Moved your thread into the Auto forum so you can get more attention++
Old 04-14-08, 04:18 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
here ya go...check this out.

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereor...Camry1StrR.htm

just scroll down to the 97-01 camry section and see if this gives you enough. it's not a big deal for a handy person with a few tools. i will say this tho...you may need an installation kit and a wire harness adapter. the installation kit will help with mounting into the original dash parts and make it look very clean. the wire harness adapter lets you connect to the factory connecters without chopping them up...this way, if you decide to get rid of the car but keep the cd player you have installed, you can reinstall the factory unit with no hassle. installation kit and harness adapter available at wally world...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: