headlights

Old 04-14-08, 09:35 AM
headlights

I own a 2003 Kia Sedona... On Saturday, after releasing my parking brake both my headlights burnt out. Is it a fuse issue or actually burnt out headlights???
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-08, 10:27 AM
there's not enough info to give you a clear answer. did you try using the knob on the dash or turn signal stalk to turn on your headlamps? i'm assuming that it has auto headlamps...you never have to do anything, they just come on automatically, correct?

they are fused with a separate fuse for hi and lo beams, so you might try switching beams...just to see what's working and what's not.

Old 04-14-08, 11:13 AM
My headlights do turn on automatically and I have tried the knob on the dash and still nothing.I've tried all other lights, turn signals, brakes, tailights, high beams... they all work fine.

Old 04-14-08, 07:45 PM
hey carguy, what about the switch that is part of the parking brake? On my son's sonoma if the park brake is set it turns off the headlights bypassing the light sensor. could this have stuck or turned off a relay?

Murphy was an optimist.

Old 04-15-08, 05:53 PM
i think that's all bypassed by the headlamp switch...altho i don't have diagram at home to refer to. i would check for power at the lamp connector to prove whether or not the bulbs blew. if that's the case, 2 bad bulbs, i haven't a clue as to why 2 bulbs would go at the same time...not do i see any rhyme or reason as to it happening when the parking brake was released. if the fuse(s) are blown, then i'd be checking to see if there is any wiring in the area of the brake handle/pedal...whatever it uses.

Old 04-23-08, 08:01 PM
Well i finally brought it in and found out it was actually 2 blown bulbs. They couldn't tell me y both went at that time but i was informed about an electrical problem that some of the Kia's have. They are offerering, under warranty, a new harness installed to solve this problem. Thanks for your help!!!

Old 04-23-08, 08:07 PM
thanks for leting us know what the resolution was, I would have to believe either electrical surge or high resistance would have to be the cause of both bulbs at the same time. That is a new one to me.
Remember Murphy was an optimist