hydrogen boosters for cars

Old 05-08-08, 07:10 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hydrogen boosters for cars

Has anyone bought one of these hydrogen boosters for cars to reduce gasoline consumption, and do they work, and what should one know about installation regarding ground wires, etc.

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 05-08-08 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Removed commercial link.
Old 05-08-08, 08:59 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Just a few key excerpts from the legalese on one of those websites:

solely for educational and entertainment uses.
any warranty (express or implied) whatsoever.
disclaimer of liability applies to any damages .....
any alteration to a vehicle can result in the breach of various warranties provided by their manufacturers, distributors, or sales dealerships. User acknowledges that he or she shall hold harmless xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. ...........
various alterations of their vehicle, no matter how minor or insignificant may not be in compliance with the laws of their particular state, jurisdiction, county, or other Federal law.
various alterations may be very hazardous especially with respect to the energy systems of the vehicles.
denies all responsibility for any injuries or damages resulting from alterations to the fuel systems.
Any alterations to their vehicles be made by a licensed, certified, and experienced professional.
Any alterations, and experiments promoted in this site is intended for use on private property (ie. not to be used with publicly subsidized and accessible roads)
exclusively for recreational vehicles.
user acknowledges and expressly takes the risks .

Old 05-08-08, 10:55 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I have a neighbor who built one of those hydrogen systems for his work truck. I think he said he spent $300 on it and gets about an extra 35 miles per tank - doesn't sound overly profitable to me.

Old 05-08-08, 01:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
I also noticed it needs distilled water, another expense; and, of course, no telling what the life expectancy of the unit would be.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: