Ford Crown Victoria Rear Dent

Old 05-16-08, 06:29 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ford Crown Victoria Rear Dent

I would like to know what type of tool I could use to remove a large dent in my rear pasenger side panel. I would like to repair the dent myself but will first have to find a way to push the dent out before I can begin the full body repair. Car is a 1999 Ford Crown Victoria.
Old 05-16-08, 08:17 PM
ukrkoz's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 217
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
passenger side panel meaning - door panel? rear fender?
1. you can find matching door off junkyard and simply repaint
2. if it's simply a depressed metal, without kink in it, you can try this:
- shut windows tight and slam the opposite side door. don't laugh, it does work sometimes
- i have sort of tight turn into my gate, and after a year of driving through it with my silverado, managed to dent rear fender panel in about a month ago. just pressed it in (from previous experiences, i have large towel wrapped on the latch, so there was no scratches, he-he). so what i did was that i grabbed wify's meatgrinder with suction cup on the bottom, stuck it into the center of that dent, and pulled it out. can't even tell.
3. parts stores sell dent pullers, either hammer type, when you drill holes in the dent and insert tool into the hole, and then pull/hammer it out. or, they have puller type ones, when a flat piece is bonded to the metal and then pulled up with puller, pulling metal at the same time. for small dents only.
4. if it's a door, it has so called skin that makes outside panel. all you have to do to remove it is to remove the door and grind the edge off, skin will come off then. door skins can be ordered and reinstalled. look at the door, you'll see flange all along the perimeter, that's how it stays in place.
if it's a large dent, you'll pull it out awright, but then you'll need torch to shrink metal back to flat, or you'll end up with hump. during impact, metal stretches, you know.
for sake of possible complexity, i'd just find a matching door and repaint it. if it's rear fender, get one off, very inexpensive. very hard to prime though, needs to be washed and degreased thouroughly.


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: