1979 Camaro Motor Mount

Old 05-24-08, 10:29 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1979 Camaro Motor Mount

I am replacing the motor mounts on my 79 camaro. The engine is out of the car, so there is plenty of room to work. I was able to replace the mount on the passenger, which had completely failed. The rubber inside was detatched from the metal outside. The passenger side had holes in the frame to access the nuts on the backside. On the driver's side there are no holes to access the nuts. The only place I can see access is above the mount for the lower control arm, and then I am not sure if there is enough room.

Do I have to remove the lower control arm to replace the motor mounts, or is there an easy way?

Thanks

Old 05-24-08, 02:46 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2 choices....

I believe (After all these Years).....They were 9/16 heads on both the bolts and nuts. With a Universal-Joint socket, there is "Just Enough" room to get around The control arm with an Extension. Up top , brace the wrench against the mount pad, and twist them out.

If you have a "Stubby Wrench", you can fish it up over the Control arm and brace it against the inside of the frame, and use a socket and ratchet up top.......

PLAN ON BUSTED KNUCKLES.....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: