93 geo storm blower motor resistor

Old 05-27-08, 08:13 PM
93 geo storm blower motor resistor

can anyone tell me where it is located in my car, and how to take it out. Also, where i can buy a new one, i've checked everywhere and can't find one.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-08, 05:26 AM
may not even have a blower motor resistor, some newer veh. the fan switch controls speed with a seperate comp. built into the a/c controls. no resistor that can be changed out.
Murphy was an optimist

Old 05-28-08, 06:45 AM
why do you think you need this part? how is the blower working; on only a few speeds or not at all?

Old 05-28-08, 08:29 AM
i replaced the blower motor and before i did i checked for power at the connector with a multimeter and it worked, so i knew it was the blower. i replaced the blower and now i dont get power at the connector. i've checked the relay and all the fuses having to deal with the blower motor and system, they are all good. i also checked the power at the relay, and when i moved the switch 1 through 4 i got power on my multimeter, so i know my switch is good. i checked my wiring diagram and between the switch and blower motor is the blower motor resistor. i turn my a/c switch on then turn the blower to any setting and the light comes on and i hear the a/c turn on. when i had the new blower plugged into the connector, i hooked up the positive and grounded the negative terminal from the blower motor and it turned on.

Old 05-28-08, 08:33 AM
well, i do get power at the connector when i have my multimeter positive to positive, and negative grounded, but not negative to negative.

Old 05-28-08, 01:26 PM
alright, i found the blower motor resistor, removed it and tested it with my multimeter. nothing worked, so its bad. i also tested the resistor connector to the blower motor connector and it passed. i also tested each wire from the switch to the resistor connector and they all passed.

so, please, if anybody knows of a place i can find a replacement, please let me know. ive checked junk yards, auto zone, napa, kragen, carquest and the dealer.

Old 05-28-08, 01:34 PM
the dealer may not have it in stock but they should be able to order it for you.
Check NAPA?

Old 05-28-08, 04:16 PM
i've checked Auto Zone, Kragen, CarQuest, Napa, a few local dealers, and a repair shop, nobody can even order me one. they all said it has been discontinued. (according to dealers on the west coast area, pacific thime zone)

Old 05-28-08, 04:48 PM
suzuki

Suzuki swift is the same car try the suzuki dealer.