1989 dodge b250 van 3.9 l auto carb

Old 06-05-08, 06:11 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1989 dodge b250 van 3.9 l auto carb

had problem while driving .i would start to slow down and could not excelerate . if i pulled over and shut off key and restarted .it would start right up and go ok this kept happening, changed fuel filter. worked for a day ....

had to drop gas tank , pump sock was dirty. changed sock. worked for a day, now when i start it up it has no exceleration when in gear and drives at 10 miles per hr. now whats gone wrong. the only thing i can think of was when i dropped the tank a hose poped off the preasure releif and rollover valve . since it had two ends i had no way to tell which end it came off of .i just put it on one end would that cause the present problem . one end of the valve is long with a small ridge like a gas filter line .thats the side i think i hooked it up to. the other side is stubby with a bigger ridge and the inside has a cross

Old 06-05-08, 10:10 PM
un hook the line at the carb and place a rubber line over it and into a clean container, then either start or crank the engine for about 30 seconds to see if you are getting a adaquate amount of fuel to the carb. should be at least 1 quart in 30 seconds. check shop manuel to see if it lists the volume required for this test, if the volume is low then you may have a hose installed incorrectly on the tank.

Murphy was an optimist

Old 06-06-08, 07:21 AM
marked all there supply lines pripor to taking off tank so i would be able to put back inon right conn. my problem was the hose poped off the roolover valve and i could see by any marks or color fading on plastic which end it came off of im trying to find out which end of the valve the hose go back on to and if that would cause my present problem

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: