What's the cause?

Old 06-13-08, 03:11 AM
Question What's the cause?

Hi all. I have a 97' Nissan Sentra G... every time I turn on the A/C my car dies, if I'm driving at a low speed or stop. I have recently had alot of work done to the car. Does anyone know what might cause this? I'm hoping it's something simple as I recently had a complete tune-up and other things done to a whopping $1800. The car seems to run great other than this A/C problem. Thanks for any and all help.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-08, 05:49 PM
Possibly the A.I.S. motor. (automatic idle speed) sometimes referred to in different letters I.A.C. and names. Basically it's job is to step up the idle when engine is put under a load, such as A/C use. Sometimes cleaning it, # 1 ,will help or cure it, or it might have to be replaced #2. It should be on the side area of your throttle body. If your not sure what it looks like, ask at parts store, if they have one, and take a look. Easier to find when you know what your looking for. (ha-ha).

Old 06-14-08, 08:24 AM
Group Moderator
Not out of the realm of possibility that the compressor is locked up also. Be a good idea to make sure it turns.

Old 06-14-08, 08:47 AM
Smile

both good answers and probably right. IF the comp. turns, check the elect. plug on the AIS. the mech. may have just forgotten to plug it back up?!

Search this Thread