2002 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2l Twin Cam 16 Valve

Old 06-18-08, 02:15 PM
Smile 2002 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2l Twin Cam 16 Valve

IM GONNA do a tune up i severly need, i know i need plugs, wires, fuel & air filter, cap, serpantine belt, possibly fan belt, however im just doin the routine stuff, but wasnt sure if i was missing something, also im lookin for a free guide or e book like a haynes preferebly do it ur self guide all help is greatly appreciated ! thanks !

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-08, 02:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Do you have an owners manual for this vehicle? It will give you the required maintenance. I didn't see you mention transmission fluid (if auto) and radiator fluid. Look in your owners manual though.

I don't know of any "free" detailed guides, but you can look at autozone's website for repair info, they "might" have a repair guide for your car.

Old 06-18-08, 06:59 PM
No I Have the owners manual, just also looking for the haynes or chilton's repair manual , preferebly the haynes. ive seen online versions like e books and their adobe acrobate reader, and their free! anyways like i said, im doin the plug, wires, pcv valve, cap fuel filter & air, serpantine belt and what else is suggested other than what i just mentioned? ok trans and radiator fluids, & filter?> im not that mechanically inclined however capable of doin some mechanical stuff, is it that intense to do this myself? again thats why im seeking the haynes repair guide ! Thanks again!

Old 06-18-08, 07:15 PM
Also in quick question, additional, i purchased a new remote keyless entry that came new with the vehicle however my dog ate both remotes, any way to re program the new remote without goin to the dealer?thanks

Old 06-18-08, 09:36 PM
look for a local company that installs radios and alarms most can program keyless remotes. also most mobil locksmiths can program a remote.

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Old 06-19-08, 04:50 AM
Group Moderator
As for manuals, if you are going to keep it for a while you might consider a subscription on AllData.com; same repair info the professional garages use.