1995 Buick Century pass. power window motor replacement

Old 06-18-08, 06:35 PM
1995 Buick Century pass. power window motor replacement

I have a 1995 Buick Century. The passenger side power window motor has lost its get up and go. If you roll the window down it takes a week to get it back up 1-2 inches at a time. I have the door panel off and I am trying to figure out how to get the window motor out so I can replace the window motor. I don't see whats holding the window motor in the blasted thing. Does someone have instructions on how to get the window motor out and a new motor in?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-08, 07:33 PM
This probably isn't your problem, but I thought I would mention what happened to me with a 1990 Buick Lesabre. The rear passenger side window went down in the middle of winter and then refused to go up. I suspected the motor had just let go. But then a wise mechanic, (the one I take my cars too for major repairs) suggested I check the wiring in the rubber boot that covers the wires going from the driver side door to the car. I pried the boot open and looked inside, and sure enough I found a wire that had cracked and had all but a couple of metal strands disconnected. I soldered and wire nutted it back together and whala! My power window worked again. Just thought I would share my story. Good Luck.

-Derick in MN

Old 06-19-08, 12:09 AM
you should be able to purchase a repair manual that covers your vehicle at any local car parts store for less than $20.
A small investment for a wealth of knowledge.. and pictures too lol

good luck and have a great day

Old 06-19-08, 07:01 AM
Some of them are riveted in you have to drill the rivets out. Get some small machine bolts to put it back. RW

Old 06-19-08, 06:24 PM
Thanks Derrick. Mine will go up, it will take about three days however. So I suspect the motor has degraded to the point that it overheats and when you let it cool it goes up another inch or two. So I think I need a replacment.