Need help with airbag

Old 06-19-08, 07:25 PM
Angry Need help with airbag

I have a 1990 mustang that I've just bought with a salvage title and I need to pass the state inspection to title it but I can't until I fix the airbag problem. I'm getting a code 6 meaning high resistance or open circuit in drivers side airbag circuit. I'm getting 1.8 ohms through the circuit at the diagnostic module which should be ok but I still get the fault. I changed the diagnostic module and the new one gives me an 8 and a 6. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-08, 01:57 PM
I'm guessing that this is an age-related problem. One of the connectors is corroding or developing tarnish, which increases the resistance in the circuit. If you have a way of safely checking the connections, you may find the problem. Sometimes just a disconnect/connect will give a fresh conductive suface at the connection.

I thought Ford increased the threshhold from 2 to 4 ohms. Back in 91, Ford was experiencing a lot of false positive air bag lights due to this problem. I know that because I was working at Ford at the time.