street legal

Old 11-09-08, 09:16 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
street legal

can i drive my suv with no outer fender the iner fender is still there just the outer fend was so messed up i took it off and i have a set of driving lights can i use them insted of head lights

Old 11-09-08, 11:35 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You can drive it, just not on public roadways. I don't know of a state which does not require the tires to be covered to prevent throwing rocks, rain, or other debris.

Look up your state DMV and check it out.

Old 11-09-08, 11:44 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I know in Central Pa you can drive anything!! HA HA I have see vehicles w/ no out bumper on and you can clearly see the wheels. If it is your front wheels that are not covered or what have you, they aren't gonna be throwing stones at other cars unless your driving in reverse really fast. You'll throw stuff in front of you and you'll hit it when your driving forward. Now the whole lights thing, you don't have any headlights?? You'll need them definitely. Especially if your in a construction zone or driving at night!!! Good Luck

Old 11-09-08, 01:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Your lights might be your main issue.

They need to be DOT approved. You must also have side markers/reflectors that are operational.

Old 11-09-08, 03:55 PM
F
i live a=in ga and the wheels are all cover it still has the thick plastic thing over it and the iner fender cover 95% of the wheel and the lights are dot approved it says it right on the lens

Old 11-09-08, 06:57 PM
nap
I would think the inner wheel well may be adequate.

the lights? Tough call. Some states (you didn't mention your state) require all OE lights to be present and functioning. Some states merely require lights that are legally acceptable (DOT approved as headlights in this case)

hotin OKC is correct about the side maker and turn signal lights and whatever other light may be missing. These are going to be legally required in any state.

Old 11-09-08, 08:52 PM
T
Note that responses here tend to be state specific. Contact your local DMV re: what is legal for a vehicle on the highway in your state.

Old 11-10-08, 04:23 AM
N
Ha ha, come to Guam and look at some of the vehicles around here. You can drive ANYTHING here. Probably could get a go-kart, slap a license plate on it, and be good to go...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: